Mrs Lee was a principal dancer and ballet mistress with the Korean National Ballet Company. A veteran teacher
with over 18 years of teaching experience, she has coached students who have successfully gained entry into
renowned companies inclusive of Ballet de l’Opera de Paris, American Ballet Theatre II, Korea National Ballet
Company and Hong Kong Ballet.
Mrs Lee is a winner of the prestigious Young Artist Award. Her dedication and aptitude for teaching has also
enabled her to nurture talented students who have won the following competitions and awards:
- Prix de Lausanne – 1st prize;
- Prix de Lausanne – Contemporary prize, scholarship;
- Bulgaria Varna International Ballet Competition, Senior – Gold;
- Premio Roma International Ballet Competition, Italy, Senior – Gold;
- New York International Dance Competition – Alvin Ailey School scholarship;
- Toulouse Dance Competition, France – Gold;
- USA IBC Jackson International Ballet Competition, Junior – Silver;
- Boston Ballet Competition, Junior – 1st prize;
- Youth American Grand Prix, Japan – 2nd prize;
- Asia Pacific Ballet Competition – 2nd prize;
- Japan International Ballet & Modern Dance Competition – Special awards;
- Beijing International Ballet Competition, China, Senior – Silver;
- Korea Dong-A Ballet Festival, Junior – Gold; and
- Korea Ballet Association, Junior – Gold.
Since joining CBA, she has trained many talented young dancers who have been accepted into prestigious international vocational dance schools (inclusive of English National Ballet School, John Cranko School, Elmhurst Ballet School, Central School of Ballet, London Russian Ballet School and Queensland Ballet School) and selected to participate in summer programs of leading dance schools such as Bolshoi Academy and English National Ballet School.
During the early years of her professional dancing career, her talent so impressed statesmen from Denmark on a diplomatic visit to Korea that she was invited to train with the Royal Danish Company with the support of a scholarship awarded by the Korean government. As the principal dancer with the Korean National Ballet Company, she has performed lead roles in The Nutcracker, Swan Lake, Don Quixote, La Bayadere, Le Corsaire, and other works by George Balanchine and Boris Eifman.
Mrs Lee is also a graduate from Chung-Ang University, Korea, where she majored in Dance.